On a tight budget? That’s ok – branding your business doesn’t have to be expensive, especially if you are just starting out!
Here are 7 budget-friendly way to market your brand:
Create a persona to understand your audience.
Knowing your audience is key when creating marketing messaging. If you don’t know who you are speaking to, you won’t be able to sell to them.
There are two things I recommend doing to help you understand your audience and buyer.
1) Create a buyer persona: A buyer persona is a semi-fictionalized representation of the values and characteristics of your ideal customer.
2) From there create a story brand script. This script will clearly identify your client’s problem and how you can guide them towards success and/or avoid this problem in the future.
The next step is Developing an identity and voice for your brand.
Create a brand identity — what makes your brand, your brand — and its voice, which is the tone you use in any copy or public communication.
Questions to consider:
- What is your companies values
- What does your company represent
- How do you want people to talk about you?
- What type of language are you going to use? (Do you use conversational language? Or Do you reach your audience from a technical standpoint?)
- If your brand was a person, how would you describe its personality?
Begin to map out a consistent social media presence.
It’s time to figure out where your audience is. Where are they hanging out, what platforms are they interested in. You need to be creating content for where they are!
And if you don’t know where your audience is spending their time, check out your competitors and see what platforms they are most active on.
If you find the majority of your audience prioritizes one social network, you’ll have an idea of where to allocate your resources. But don’t ignore other sites. When you build a presence on multiple social media platforms, you’ll have an opportunity to diversify how you reach audiences.
(Also think about what platforms your audience is searching on: Pinterst, Youtube?)
Start a blog on your website.
For anyone who knows Laurel, owner of LB Media – she will tell you that starting a blog is a must. It can’t be emphasized enough. Blogs help you attract potential customers and strangers and turn them into visitors. Blogging is such a fundamental step in reaching your audience (and it’s so important for SEO as well).
Customers are looking for the information you’re able to provide, they want to know what type of content you can give them.
Not sure what to blog about? Try using Answer The Public to find out what your audience is searching for on the internet.
Make customer service a priority.
Focus on making customer service a priority. Why? Because it creates word-of-mouth marketing and it helps your business gain trust from others.
The first thing I do before buying something online is check the reviews – these reviews usually determine if I buy the products / service or not. If I see reviews that mention speedy shipping, friendly customer service, and high quality products, I’m more inclined to purchase.
Your business’s values are what shapes the brand – what do you want your audience experiencing when they work with you (or hear about you).
Take advantage of brand partnerships.
Brand partnerships are all the rage right now. Why? It can help your business get infront of other brands’ audience that you may have not been able to reach yourself.
If you are interested in brand partnerships make sure you find businesses that are aligned with yours.
Here are some suggestions:
– Will your partner’s audience be interested in your brand? Is this audience difficult for you to reach without this partnership?
– Will your audience trust your co-brand. That’s crucial to getting them to listen to you, so make sure your partner reaches the audience in a way that instills confidence.
– Do you have something to offer your co-brand? The experience should be a win-win-win: For you, your co-brand, and the consumer.
Host a masterclass or webinar.
Hosting a masterclass or webinar is a great way to market your brand, on a budget!
Hone in on your expertise and share it with your audience. With a little help from Zoom and Canva, you can make a stunning presentation that not only informs your audience, but builds brand credibility too!
Get started on these budget-friendly branding & marketing suggestions! and have fun!